The Swamp Report – Friday the 13th Issue
1. Leo Hohmann gets the lead off article today. A number of Muslim candidates have now announced their membership in Democratic Socialists of America (DSA). One such person is Rashida Tlaib, running in Michigan’s 13th District – the district formerly held by the far Left Democrat John Conyers for decades. Tlaib is but one of many Muslim candidates who have embraced the far left’s agenda, whether or not they have become formal members of DSA. DSA, btw is NOT democratic. It is a hardcore Communist group, and larger and more influential than the CPUSA.
Among other things, Tlaib has proposed giving new muscle to the 1964 Civil Rights Act that would essentially provide endless new benefits to “communities of color,” while deflecting any law enforcement efforts against them that shows “disparate impact.” This latter is the assumption that when the minority proportion in the population is not exactly mirrored in jobs, government, universities jails and elsewhere, it is prima facie evidence of discrimination, and a legitimate justification for lawsuits.
I discussed the crime rate aspect of this in an article titled Black Criminals, White Victims and White Guilt. The Left screams “racism” by pointing out that the Black incarceration rate is 40 percent, while their representation in the population is only 13 percent. There must be racism involved, they claim. But the fact is that at least 40 percent of violent crimes are committed by Blacks. This is not racist. It is simply fact, and a solution will never be found until we confront the whys and wherefores of this toxic dysfunction in black communities. I will add that most of this problem developed after the 1964 Act, and especially after Johnson launched the “Great Society” program. The expansion of welfare destroyed initiative and broke families apart while it simultaneously drew Blacks into the Democrat liberal plantation. It has gotten progressively worse since (the only thing “progressive” about progressives).
But don’t tell that to the Left or the Muslims. As usual, it must be because we are an incurably racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic nation that can only be addressed with lots of extorted money the Left will use to secure a permanent majority. Then because we are all racists, sexists… etc., we will be reeducated or exterminated. Exaggeration? ANTIFA is the Left on a leash, constrained by the remaining threads of law. Imagine what would happen if they were let off the leash. On second thought, don’t. It is too horrible to contemplate.
Anytime someone ridicules you for your activism, remember that, while the president is doing a lot of things we like, we are still in the fight for our nation’s life. And that fight is far from over — only just begun really.
- A bit of encouraging news was the Congressional hearing this week held by Ron DeSantis (R-FL), Chairman of the House Subcommittee on National Security, regarding designating the Muslim Brotherhood a terrorist organization. DeSantis said: “The Muslim Brotherhood is a militant Islamist organization with affiliates in over 70 countries. There’s no question that the Muslim Brotherhood’s affiliates are involved in terrorism.”This comes shortly on the heels of a Center for Security Policy brief outlining the justification for declaring the Muslim Brotherhood terrorists.Three of the witnesses were for it, one against. They were all nuanced though, for example declaring the Egyptian and other foreign branches as terrorist organizations, like other countries have, but not mentioning the U.S. branch. Under current definition, it can be argued that the USA branch of the Brotherhood does not technically meet the “terrorist” designation, although we all know it really does. What I did NOT hear, which was disappointing, was any discussion on expanding the definition to include subversion. THAT is what the Brotherhood is doing here and should be classified the same way because it is ultimately MORE dangerous!Nonetheless, it was good that DeSantis actually brought the discussion to the table in a serious way. We hope and pray it will come to pass.
- As usual, Ann Corcoran keeps us up to date with great posts, this one listing cases of immigration fraud being prosecuted by the Department of Justice. It’s nice to have a DOJ that is at least starting to enforce law rather than corrupt it, although that remains a huge issue with all the Swamp critters still swimming there.
- On the issue of immigration fraud, according to NumbersUSA: “The Department of Homeland Security made a major announcement this week, finally implementing new guidance for USCIS asylum adjudicators that should significantly reduce the number of asylum cases referred to the immigration courts.”The guidance issued by DHS this week instructs asylum adjudicators — who are tasked with determining the legitimacy of “credible fear” claims and referring cases to the immigration courts — to only accept “credible fear” claims where the applicant can show “that they have suffered past persecution or have a well-founded fear of future persecution in their home country because of their race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group.” That guidance reflects federal law.”This will dissuade many fraudulent “asylees” from even embarking on the trip because it is expensive. Where do they get the money if they are so oppressed, hmm?NumbersUSA also urges us to contact our legislators regarding H.R. 6318, The Zero Tolerance for Illegal Entry Act, which mandates employer use of E-Verify.
Finally, according to Numbers, Speaker Ryan says the House will NOT include any DACA amnesty in the upcoming spending bill for FY 2019. Not that I trust him. Many eyes will be glued to this process, but if true, it is a (temporary) win for our side.
- The United West and Sharia Crime Stoppers of Michigan are now conducting regular webinars. The last one featured Trevor Loudon and Phil Haney. The next one includes True the Vote founder, Catherine Engelbrecht, upcoming this Monday evening. Go check them out. You need to register with them if interested.
- Trump blasted London Mayor Sadiq Khan for doing a poor job on both terrorism and crime. He also said that Europe is losing its culture because of immigration. That “the wave of migrants from the Middle East and Africa is permanently changing the continent for the worse.” He literally defined the Red-Green Axis theme of “erasing” the nations.This video reads the entire statement. Meanwhile, British Prime Minister Theresa May’s decision to essentially betray Brexit could lead to her dismissal and an opportunity for a genuine conservative to take the PM’s office. One of my favorites, Nigel Farage, talks about this here. Farage would be fantastic but did not suggest he would run.
- In this video, CRTV’s Steve Deace does a great job of putting down a leftist on CNN who says conservatives want to impose “Christian Sharia,” then he walks out when the guy keeps it up. The CNN hosts were a first at a loss for words and actually defended Steve a bit. This is what happens when you fight back! They are forced to deal with you on your terms! A great lesson for all of us. More and more people are speaking out.
- Just to uplift you a bit more, here is a short video of Trump at a press conference with Theresa May today, calling Jim Acosta of CNN “fake news” and refusing to take a question from him, instead calling on FOX’s John Roberts — a reporter from “a real network.”
There’s plenty more news, as always, and while I know you would love nothing more than to torture yourselves all weekend reading all the bad news swirling around, you should at least have a little time for yourselves. Hope you have an enjoyable weekend!