HR5/S788 is erroneously called “The Equality Act.” It is really the
“Criminalization of Christianity Act!”
If this bill becomes a law, then homosexuality, transgenderism, bestiality and pedophilia will all be added to the 1964 Civil Rights Act and be given full civil rights protection.
- Churches would be forced to host same-sex ceremonies.
- Churches will lose tax-exempt status for noncompliance.
- Churches will be sued for noncompliance.
- If churches or religious organizations take overnight trips, including youth or mission trips, they cannot segregate rooms by biological gender.
- Biological men will have access to bathrooms, showers, and nursing-mother rooms at any time.
- Churches would be forced to hire staff involved in LGBT conduct, even positions of authority in affiliated daycare classes and give them complete access to all children in the restrooms.
- Preaching that homosexual behavior is sinful will be considered a hate crime.
- Pastors will be imprisoned, and their church will be sued for noncompliance.
- Cross-dressers could demand that they be greeters, ushers, Sunday School teachers, and more.
- Even the smallest slight would give someone the legal right to sue the church. For example, if a person assumed they were turned down for a staff position because of a LGBT lifestyle, they could sue the church for damages, even if that was not the reason they were denied the job!
You and I must take the time to call ALL these members of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Even though you are not from their district, they represent ALL Americans as members of this committee.
It took me just under 20 minutes to go through this list. I sent one email, left 7 messages on voice mail and talked with 5 staffers who were all very nice.
If you get a voice mail, just say something like, “My name is _____________. I am from ________, but since the senator is a member of the Judiciary Committee, he/she represents me. I wanted to leave a message and ask the senator to oppose HR5, Senate Bill 788, otherwise known as the Equality Act. Thank you.”
If a staff member answers the phone, tell them your name and say you want to express an opinion on a piece of legislation the senator will be hearing in the judiciary committee. Then you can say something like, “I ask the senator to oppose HR5, Senate Bill 788, otherwise falsely known as the Equality Act. Thank you and have a great day!”
A committee can “kill” a bill by either voting it down or simply refusing to bring it up for consideration in the committee. In either case, the bill would not advance to be heard on the Senate floor.
Thank them and hang up. If they ask any reasons, you can choose from those listed in this email. It is very important to call EVERY office.
Senate Judiciary Committee (Republican Members)
- Majority Leader Mitch McConnell – (202) 224-2541
- Chairman Lindsey Graham – (202) 224-5972
- Sen. Chuck Grassley – (202) 224-3744
- Sen. Mike Lee – (202) 224-5444
- Sen. Ben Sasse – (202) 224-4224
- Sen. Thom Tillis – (202) 224-6342
- Sen. Mike Crapo – (202) 224-6142
- Sen. Marsha Blackburn – (202) 224-3344
- Sen. John Cornyn – 202-224-2934
- Sen. Ted Cruz – (202) 224-5922
- Sen. Josh Hawley – (202) 224-6154
- Sen. Joni Earnst – (202) 224-3254
- Sen. John Kennedy – (202) 224-4623
We have not included any Democratic Members. The Democratic Party Platform officially endorses and supports this bill. In fact, EVERY DEMOCRATIC MEMBER of the House of Representatives signed on as co-authors of this Bill in the House.
The LGBTQ+ supporters habitually outwork the “Silent Majority”. It is critical that we outwork them on Senate Bill 788!!
For such a time as this,
Pastor Paul Blair